Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive and healthy.
What happens during a Reiki Session?
The session begins with a discussion of a bit of the life history of the client. This assists the practitioner in determining the direction the healing session may take. The client is asked some basic health and treatment information to find any contraindications to Reiki. The practitioner then asks the client for any goals he or she may have for the session.
Next, the client is encouraged to get comfortable by loosening clothing or removing shoes and jewelry. The client lies first on his or her back on a Reiki table fully-clothed. The practitioner places his hands lightly on or just above the body, usually starting at the head and working down towards the feet. The session is usually conducted with relaxing music and also may incorporate additional healing sounds, if desired by the client.
Once the energy is flowing smoothly at the front of the body, the client usually is encouraged to roll over and the healing continues on the back.
The client is encouraged to breathe deeply and relax and often feels a sense of flowing heat, coolness or tingling.
Who is most likely to benefit from Reiki healing?
- People who need to relax and get more balanced.
- People who wish to use Reiki to assist them in their current course of medical or psychological treatment.
- People open to complementary or alternative therapies.
- People who are working on developing their own wellness and not looking for a "magic pill" to do the work for them.
How does the Reiki energy work to provide healing?
- The client's "Inner Healer" or immune system draws the energy into the energy field or aura. This helps to eliminate energetic "blockages" that are often one source of pain. With the cliearing of these blockages, the client's full energy can be used for achieving homeostasis or balance.
- Please note that Reiki is not a "cure" for a particular medical or psychological problem. The session simply gives an energy to support the client in his or her own healing. We do not diagnose conditions or provide medical or psychological treatment.
- Many clients report that they feel more relaxed and balanced after a session, while also feeling a greater sense of energy and well-being.
The price for one-hour Reiki session - 30 Euro
If you book for 4 or more Reiki sessions, you can get 10% discount.